Full-Time 1st shift & 2nd shift, FT Evening Baylor Position-$2500.00 sign on bonus, increased wages and shift differential, there are also Part-Time & Per Diem positions available.
AristaCare Park Avenue is currently in search for LPN for all shifts. We offer competitive pay rates, excellent benefits and opportunities for advancement.
Purpose of Your Job Position
The primary purpose of your job position is to coordinate care on nursing units in accordance with federal and state guide lines, as well as in accordance with facility established policies and procedures. The position provides administrative supervision and clinical oversight to the unit on all shifts to assure that quality standards of practice are maintained.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Make daily rounds to observe patients and nursing care (especially men are shaven, proper positioning, and staff performance).
- Addresses issues concerning staff members (i.e. CNA’s) and takes initiative processing in disciplinary action when needed.
- Must wear protective equipment as required per department policy and procedure.
- Review the Nursing Care Plan reflecting physical, emotional, restorative, rehabilitative, teaching, and goals for the resident.
- Provides for quality resident care by utilizing the abilities and capabilities of staff members.
- Assists and directs CNA’s in organization and completion of workload to meet the needs of the residents, including but not limited to lifting, transferring, repositioning, etc.
- Integrates the Nursing Plan with the medical care prescribed.
- Provides for the proper transcription and execution of physical orders.
- Orders medication from pharmacy.
- Controls the counting of narcotics, barbiturates, and counter medications and the proper recording.
- Providing for an accurate syringe count and record.
- Order supplies for the nursing unit.
- Responsible for proper and accurate documentation and maintenance of clinical records.
- Participates in the development of non-professional personnel through orientation and In-service Programs.
- Evaluates resident care plans for appropriate resident goals, problems, approaches, and revision based on nursing needs.
- Arranges schedule to allow for supervisor and evaluation of performance of all nursing personnel on the unit.
- Provide direct resident care when needed
- Perform all assigned tasks in accordance with our established policies and procedures, and as instructed by your supervisors.
- Follow work assignments, and/or work schedules in completing and performing your assigned tasks.
- Cooperate with inter-departmental personnel, as well as other facility personnel to ensure that nursing services can be adequately maintained to meet the needs of the residents.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the unit and shift.
- Meet with your shift's nursing personnel, on a regularly scheduled basis, to assist in identifying and correcting problem areas, and/or the improvement of services.
- Report all complaints and grievances made by the resident.
- Notify the facility when you will be late or absent from work.
- Report occupational exposures to blood, body fluids, infectious materials, and hazardous chemicals to your supervisor.
- Job duties as assigned.
Must possess, as a minimum, a Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university, or be a graduate of an approved LPN program. Must be licensed in the State of Pennsylvania.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time